Extended Car Warranty
An extended car warranty is basically a service contract or an optional plan. It helps you pay certain costs of repairs your car may need. Usually, it starts after the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty.
Mostly, drivers purchase auto-extended car warranties from car manufacturers or the best-extended car warranty companies.
Kia Extended Car Warranty
This is an optional car protection plan designed to keep the car’s owner from the costs of repairs. After buying a car, the factory warranty expires, and you may need some repairs.
The best-extended car warranty for Kia is designed with high reliability and without extra coverage. Kia’s extended car warranty protects your car for long miles. Kia says that every new car will be covered for ten years or 100,000 miles with a less expensive warranty.
Kia automobiles are consistently rated as having good levels of dependability and safety. Ultimately, Kia owners must decide whether or not to purchase a Kia extended warranty for their vehicles.
Facts about Best Kia Extended Car Warranty
The best-extended car warranty for Kia is associated with the following quick facts:
- The warranty has a limited powertrain. However, this guarantee only covers the main powertrain components for ten years and 100,000 miles.
- It is a basic limited warranty.
- It has famous Kia models like Soul, Sedona, Optima, and Forte.
- The dealership provides the warranty with extended warranty options
- It is associated with roadside assistance
Features of the Best Extended Car Warranty for Kia
CPO (certified pre-owned) warranty provides good coverage to newly built vehicles. Besides this, if you want more coverage, companies offer Protection Plans for better and more coverage. The best warranty for Kia has the following features.
KIA extended car warranty plans
The term KIA Distinction Protection Plans is also used for the KIA’s extended warranty plans. It includes five different plans:
Powertrain coverage plan
It protects major parts:
- Drive axle
- Additional hybrid
- Natural gas component
Silver coverage plan
It provides more coverage by including:
- Steering system component
- Electrical parts
- Drive axles (half-shafts) are not included in the powertrain plan
- Front Suspension
- Constant velocity joints
It is a higher level than the powertrain. But still does not include rear suspension, which is covered in gold plus coverage plans.
Gold coverage plan
The gold plan provides all the options provided by the powertrain and silver plans. In addition to this, it provides some other coverage, including:
- Drive axle
- Front Suspension
- Additional hybrid plugin
- Air conditioning
Gold Plus coverage plan
It covers everything that is provided in the gold plan. Besides this, it covers some other parts, which include:
- Engine cooling system
- Wiper blades
- Interior and exterior bulbs
- Rear Suspension
Platinum coverage plan
This warranty plan is the “ultimate peace of mind.”
- It covers almost the entire vehicle, except for some parts.
- It is regarded as the “exclusionary coverage” of the KIA warranty.
- It is also called the bumper-bumper plan.
Some parts which are excluded in this coverage plan include:
- Shock absorbers
- Catalytic converter
- Brake pads
- Light bulbs
- Exhaust system
- Handle of doors
- Tires, etc.
Is Kia’s extended car warranty worth it?
Kia’s are well known for their long-lasting New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage, but is a Kia extended car warranty worth the investment after your factory warranty expires?
The Kia extended car warranty is actually an optional vehicle protection plan which is designed to keep car owners from paying for unexpected car repairs after the factory warranty expires.
With a Kia extended warranty, your vehicle can be protected for up to 120,000 miles. Along with this, there are many more additional benefits associated with it. Therefore, it is worth it.
Benefits of a Third-Party Kia Extended Warranty
Getting a Kia extended car warranty after the one from the factory expires is the best go-to option to have peace while on the road. You can also choose to have your Kia protected independently. While extended car warranties from either supplier have their advantages and disadvantages, there are a few advantages to acquiring third-party coverage:
- Longer coverage terms are available from third-party carriers, as are additional coverage choices for older, higher-mileage automobiles.
- Rather than purchasing coverage before your New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires, you can do so at any time.
If you’re looking for a Kia extended warranty, there are a number of reputable third-party companies to choose from.
What are the points excluded from Kia extended car warranty
There are various points covered in the warranty. However, a few points excluded from Kia extended car warranty are stated hereunder:
- Daily base maintenance services. For instance, oil changes and other car inspections.
- Deterioration caused due to customer/owner negligence.
- Damage due to a car wreck.
- The wearing and tearing of parts, e.g., brake pads.
- Issues as a result of improper repairs.
- Damages caused by natural disasters like floods, tornadoes, etc.
Benefits of a Kia extended car warranty
Below are the benefits of a Kia extended car warranty:
- An extended car warranty is a perfect option if someone wants to keep their car for a long time. Costly car repairs are hectic, but it’s always the best option to repair the vehicle than buying a new one.
- These warranties can keep you at peace if you have bad driving habits. Recurrent car issues can make the owner sell their car. Hence, extended car warranties are life saviors here.
- Car repairs have drastically increased with increasing advancements in technology over the past few years. Hence, for sophisticated cars, extended warranties work very well.
- It is significant if one has an older vehicle. These extended warranties can provide you with coverage options that you wouldn’t get otherwise.
- The extended warranty plans of Kia have many added benefits. For example, roadside assistance, towing, rental car reimbursement, etc.
- It provides extended and comprehensive coverage at low rates.
- Genuine Kia parts are used in the repairs done by skilled technicians in a Kia extended warranty from the dealer.
Car models are covered by Kia’s car extended warranties.
KIA Extended Car Warranty Cost
KIA tries to provide the best service to its customers. It offers different car warranties to customers based on their interests. As mentioned above, Kia provides several separate warranty and coverage plans to entertain its customers. Still, among that list, the most famous and most recommended method is of KIA extended car warranty.
After listening to the term extended warranty, the first thing that comes into our mind is how much it would cost. Well, KIA is a very well-reputed company and tends to keep its minor details secret because they are related to the customers, and the protection of customers’ privacy is its priority.
They have different extended car warranty plans, but as per different sources, it is estimated that their extended car warranty cost is in between the range of $1600-$3900.
Now the cost range may seem too much to a normal person trying to buy a car with a good extended warranty. However, the biggest relief is that this cost range is for a warranty of almost ten years. Fluctuations in the prices might be there, but they never exceed the abovementioned rate.
Factors Affecting The Cost Of Extended Warranty
Many factors affect the cost of the extended car warranty offered by KIA.
- The factor of primary importance is the car. It is about what type of model a person is buying. Not every car model has the same body. Different materials and different features are there in other models. So the cost of coverage also varies with the model of the car. If the car model is the latest one, the range might be higher than usual.
- The other most important factor is the amount of deductible. The lower deductible amount will lead to a higher extended car warranty cost and vice versa.
- The third factor that affects the cost of an extended car warranty is the mileage and duration of the car warranty. If someone wants the extended car warranty for a few years, he has to pay less than the amount a person pays for a warranty of comparatively more years.
KIA Extended Car Warranty VS Other Coverage Options
KIA is one of the oldest Korean car manufacturing companies, ensuring that the customer is completely satisfied with their services. The company is very flexible in dealings and making plans for the customers to entertain all of their interests.
There are some other car warranties whose costs are slightly different from the KIA extended car warranty cost. The other warranties include the gold and platinum warranties, whose prices are a bit higher because they cover some additional factors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does KIA offer an extended warranty?
Yes, KIA does provide an extended car warranty that lasts for several years.
Does KIA offer three years car warranty?
The KIA powertrain warranty lasts for ten years.
In a nutshell, KIA has proved to be one of the most reliable and competitive car companies. Customer service is the main reason for their success in the market industries. They prioritize customers’ needs first without sacrificing the quality of their cars.